SDX Energy is actively involved in exploration and development activities in Egypt’s Eastern Desert and the Nile Delta.
The South Disouq concession in the Nile Delta contains the producing South Disouq, Ibn Yunus and Sobhi gas fields. In 2017 the South Disouq field was discovered by well SD-1X, which flowed tested gas at 26 MMscf/d from the Abu Madi Formation; this was followed in 2018 by appraisal wells SD-3X and SD-4X. In 2018 the Ibn Yunus-1X exploration well discovered gas in the basal Kafr El Sheikh Formation and was successfully flow tested at 39 MMscf/d.
- 55% interest and operator
- Located in the Nile Delta north of Cairo.
- 50% interest (non-op)
- The Meseda and Rabul Fields lie in the 45km2 concession situated onshore in the highly prospective West Gharib blocks
G & H, on the west side Gulf of Suez.
The construction of a Central Processing Facility, a 10 km export pipeline, and the tie-ins for the four existing production wells at South Disouq and Ibn Yunus was completed in 2019. First gas achieved, on time and on budget, in Q4 2019 at a gross plateau production rate of 50 MMscf/d, three months ahead of expectations. South Disouq and Ibn Yunus fields are operated by SDX Energy with 55 % working interest, with IPR Energy holding the remaining 45% working interest.
In 2020 the SD-12X Sobhi discovery flow tested gas at 25 MMscf/d from sands in the basal Kafr El Sheikh Formation. The Company elected to drill the Sobhi well at a 100% working interest. In December 2020, a month ahead of expectations, Sobhi was tied in to the South Disouq gas facilities via a 5.8 km connection to the Ibn Yunus-1X location, where an existing flow line connects to the South Disouq CPF.
In the Eastern Desert, the Meseda and Rabul fields are situated in the G and H blocks respectively within the West Gharib concession. SDX Energy holds a 50% non-operated working interest in both blocks. The Company continues with the drilling of regular appraisal and development wells to maintain stable production. In Q1 2020, the RB-3 well was successfully drilled for completion as a producer, adding around 300 bbl/d to the overall production of the asset. Five further wells are planned for 2021 across the concession (4 producers in Meseda and 1 water injector in Rabul), which are anticipated to add a further 900-1200 bbl/d of production.