The South Disouq concession comprises two development leases, the South Disouq development lease and Ibn Yunus North development lease, and an exploration extension area to the south of the South Disouq development lease.
The South Disouq development lease contains the South Disouq and Ibn Yunus fields which have been on production since November 2019 and produce 50 MMscfe/d. At South Disouq field gas is produced from the Upper Miocene Abu Madi Formation from wells SD-1X, SD-3X and SD-4X, while at the Ibn Yunus field gas is currently produced from Pliocene Kafr El Sheikh Formation sands from well IY-1X.
In the South Disouq development lease compression is anticipated to be operational by Q2 2021 at the South Disouq CPF, further enhancing recovery.
- Covers 828km2
- 470km2 3D seismic
- 2 discoveries, in development, 62Bcf 2P reserves
- 10 prospects, total mean recoverable resource 243 Bcf gas, 15 mmbbl liquids (unrisked), mean CoS 33%
In 2022 it is planned to drill the basal Kafr El Sehikh Formation Warda prospect, which overlies the South Disouq field, and will tie-in to facilities at SD-4X. The South Disouq development lease is operated by SDX Energy (55 % working interest), with the remaining 45% held by IPR Energy.
The Ibn Yunus North development lease contains the Sobhi gas discovery made by the SD-12X well drilled in 2020, also within basal Kafr El Sheikh Formation sands. The Sobhi field came on production in late December 2020, a month ahead of schedule, and is currently being produced at 5 MMscfe/d. The development lease extends to the west and incorporates the Shikabala and Shikabala North prospects in the basal Kafr El Sheikh interval, and Shikabala Deep in the Upper Miocene Qawasim Formation. SDX Energy operates the development lease with 100% working interest. In Q2/Q3 2021 the planned Ibn Yunus field development well IY-2 will be drilled to maximise recovery, which will be located close to IY-1X to enable rapid tie-in.
Immediately to the south of the South Disouq development lease is the Amendment Concession Agreement area, which contains the Hanut and Mohsen basal Kafr El Sheikh prospects, the El Deeb Qawasim Formation prospect, the Abu Madi Formation Newton Prospect and the overlying Ibn Newton Kafr El Sheikh Formation prospect. Terms are agreed with EGAS to extend the exploration period of the South Disouq concession, pending Ministerial and Parliamentary ratification in H1 2021. A commitment to drill two wells is agreed, the first being at the Hanut prospect exploration well, HA-1X, in Q3 2021, with a second exploration well targeting the Mohsen prospect in 2022; both are planned to tie-in to the CPF. The extended concession area will be operated by SDX Energy (55% working interest) and partnered by IPR Energy (45% working interest).