SDX Energy is committed to best international standards in corporate social responsibility (‘CSR’) and operates in a manner that promotes an improvement to the social welfare of the regions in which it operates as well as conducting its business responsibility.
Safety is of primary importance. It is essential that the Company conducts its operations in such a way as to protect the safety and health of its employees, its contractors and all those affected by the Company’s activities.
SDX Energy’s goals are:
- To achieve no injury, lost work days or work related illnesses;
- To fully respect safety and health in all management choices, plans and operations; and
- To comply with all applicable standards of the international oil industry, in addition to the laws and regulations of the states in which SDX Energy is present.
These goals require that:
- Managers at all levels are responsible and accountable for health and safety matters and for ensuring compliance with this policy statement; and
- All employees and contractors remain vigilant and responsible for their own safety, as well as the safety of the people around them.
To reach these goals SDX Energy must:
- Develop and follow efficient safety procedures and standards;
- Identify, evaluate and manage hazards and risks involved in its operations;
- Ensure that its employees and contractors are properly trained to work safely and to ensure that they know how to act in an emergency;
- Emphasise safety and health concerns both on and off work sites;
- Report all safety related incidents and investigate and analyse them to prevent recurrence; and
- Perform a regular audit of its compliance with the Company’s safety policy.
These goals are fundamental to the wellbeing of all employees as well as the efficient operation of the Company. Helping to fulfil these goals is the responsibility of everyone who works at SDX Energy.
Minimising the impact of our operations on the environment is of primary importance to us.
SDX Energy will achieve its environmental goals by:
- Assessing the environmental consequences of its operations on the local environment to limit disturbance;
- Operating in a safe manner to avoid spills, leaks or accidental discharges of polluting materials;
- Limiting the quantities of wastes and other discharges by handling them in a responsible manner; and
- Maintaining pollution contingency plans and the capability to respond in an emergency.
To ensure compliance with the Company’s environmental policy, SDX Energy must:
- Consider the environmental impact of all of its activities;
- Ensure that the environmental goals and standards are understood and followed at all levels throughout the Company;
- Train its employees to carry out their work with due respect and care for the environment;
- Ensure that its contractors follow the Company’s environmental practices in performing their work;
- Report all environmental related incidents and investigate and analyse them to prevent recurrence;
- Perform a regular audit of its compliance with the Company’s environmental policy; and
- Comply with all applicable standards of the international oil industry, in addition to the laws and regulations of the states in which the Company is present.
These goals are fundamental to the wellbeing of the communities with which SDX Energy works, as well as to the efficient operation of the Company. Helping to fulfil these goals in the responsibility of everyone who works at SDX Energy.
SDX Energy is committed to the development of its employees and who are a key asset to the success of the Company.
The Board applies best practice employment principles which include policies and practices on company standards, security, recruitment, remuneration, equal opportunities and training and development. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for local communities and as such, are committed to engaging local companies and staff as much as possible in all regions of operations.
SDX Energy recognises that conducting business and operations in a responsible manner is a key determinant of the long-term success of the business and as such corporate responsibility for the Company has a practical and ethical dimension. Our approach takes into consideration all our key stakeholders and the economic, environmental and social impacts of any business decisions to ensure we are in line with best international practice.
Statement on bribery prevention and anti-corruption
SDX Energy is committed to acting fairly, ethically and with integrity in all territories in which it does business.
The policy of SDX Energy is not to engage in or tolerate bribery in any form within our organisation or within organisations that it does business with.
All officers, staff and contractors are required to comply with our anti-bribery policy and we expect all third parties whom we engage to do business on our behalf to take account of our anti-bribery policy and to act in accordance with its provisions when carrying out work on our behalf.
The Board of SDX Energy has overall responsibility for bribery prevention within the Group and will closely monitor the effectiveness of its anti-bribery programme.